Today, residential gas boilers offer homeowners greater efficiency and lower fuel and operating costs. In fact, upgrading from an older boiler to U.S. Boiler’s best gas-fired cast iron water boiler, the ES2™, which achieves an 85% AFUE, or one of our highly efficient condensing gas boilers, can result in considerable savings.
U.S. Boiler Company is a leading manufacturer of home heating equipment, water boilers, steam boilers, domestic hot water heaters, and radiators. Our extensive selection of heating products includes ENERGY STAR® certified boilers as well as Consumer Digest Best Buys.
Gas hydronic heating systems usually have an AFUE rating of 82% or better. U.S. Boiler’s ES2™ cast iron gas-fired boiler, which achieves an 85% AFUE rating, was recently recognized as a Consumers Digest Best Buy. Our super-efficient condensing gas boilers, such as the Alpine™ and K2™ boilers, offer AFUE ratings as high as 94-95%.
Cast Iron Gas Boilers
- Burnham ES2™ and Burnham Series 3™ – The ES2™ is an award-winning performer. It features one of the most advanced cast iron heat exchangers in the industry. The Series 3™ boiler achieves an 84% AFUE. These are the optimal replacement boilers for homes with existing chimneys. Both run on natural or liquid propane gas and have additional options that can reduce fuel consumption by up to 15-20% according to most studies.
- Burnham ESC™ – The ESC™ cast iron gas-fired water boiler is the perfect balance of efficiency, durability and practicality. It’s the ideal choice when a chimney-vented boiler is not an option. The ESC™ is available for natural or LP gas, achieves an 85% AFUE, and has direct vent (horizontal or vertical) and power vent options. Its IQ Control System monitors its operation and provides homeowners with extra energy-saving features.
- Series 2™ – This is the best-selling cast iron gas-fired water boiler in America. It runs on natural or LP gas, has a durable steel jacket, and features an updated boiler control system. Series 2™ achieves an 82% AFUE. It has a low cost of ownership and industry leading reliability.
- Burnham Independence™ – This is a cast iron gas-fired boiler designed for homes with steam heating systems. It can be installed in homes with or without chimneys and has AFUE ratings of up to 82%.
Condensing Gas Boilers
- Burnham Alpine™ – At 95% AFUE, this is the highest efficiency product we manufacture. Its stainless steel heat exchanger enables the boiler to quickly transfer heat while maintaining the lowest possible operating temperature and highest efficiency. It runs on either natural gas or liquid propane, and is equipped with the exclusive industry-leading easy-to-use Sage2.2 Boiler Control System which uses advanced technologies to constantly monitor boiler performance and safety parameters.
- Burnham K2™ – The new K2™ has a 93-94% AFUE rating. It features a compact wall-hung design with an attractive black and silver steel jacket that gives it a sleek, modern, appliance-like design that will complement any installation. It is also equipped with the exclusive industry-leading Sage2.2 Boiler Control System, which was designed by engineers at U.S. Boiler in collaboration with Honeywell, the leader in home comfort controls.
Both the Alpine™ and K2™ residential boilers come with a 5-year parts warranty which covers all boiler components for five years from the date of installation at no additional cost. (Boiler registration has to be done within 90 days of installation.)
Whether you are building a new home or remodeling an older one, work with your professional heating contractor to determine the best gas boiler for your home. The right decision can help you achieve significant savings over the life of the boiler.