Comfort You Can Count On
When you buy a boiler from U.S. Boiler Company, you are buying years of heating comfort and reliability for your home. Each boiler is backed by U.S. Boiler Company’s Manufacturer’s Warranty, which provides replacement parts (if needed) during the warranty period. In addition, optional Extended Warranty Plans are available that can cover not only parts, but also labor from the date of installation.
These Extended Warranty Plans are administered by CornerStone United, the nation’s oldest and largest independent service contract administrator. Your heating system is a significant, critical asset of your home. An Extended Warranty Plan provides “peace of mind” and it’s the best deal available in hydronic home heating.
Extended Warranty Plans: Outstanding Value
- Blanket Protection: Covers the costs for qualified repairs. This plan includes coverage for all parts listed as standard equipment on your new boiler. There are even options within the plan to cover other system parts that are not supplied by U.S. Boiler Company.
- Comprehensive Standard Parts Coverage: Increases U.S. Boiler Company’s standard 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty on residential cast iron boiler parts to 5 or 10 years, depending on the plan you choose. This includes pumps, all controls, all electrical systems, oil burners, and gas valves not manufactured by U.S. Boiler Company. A boiler Extended Warranty Plan increases U.S. Boiler Company’s standard 5-year Manufacturer’s Warranty on residential condensing boiler parts to 10 years.
- Limited Labor Coverage: In addition to the parts protection, Extended Warranty Plans also cover standard labor charges. Your professional heating contractor files the claim directly with CornerStone United and they handle the rest. You pay nothing for covered repairs!
Additional Benefits of Extended Warranty Plans:
- Added Home Value: In the event you decide to sell your home, you can transfer your boiler Extended Warranty Plan to any potential buyer (for a nominal fee), adding to your home’s value. Since your heating system is one of the key assets in your home, the extended warranty’s transferability can be a real benefit in selling your home. U.S. Boiler Company’s standard Manufacturer’s Warranty is not transferable.
- Reliable Service: Extended Warranty Plan repairs can be performed by a contractor of your choosing. If a need arises during the extended warranty coverage period, call your heating contractor. They willl take care of the rest.
What Products Qualify for Extended Warranty Plans?
Cast Iron Boilers:
All residential cast iron gas and cast iron oil boilers qualify for Extended Warranty Plans, provided they are installed in a single or two-family residence. You can purchase a 5-year or 10-year protection plan. All standard equipment and labor is covered. Additional coverage, for other system components that were not supplied by U.S. Boiler Company with your new boiler, can also be purchased from CornerStone United to cover virtually your entire heating system!
All residential condensing gas boilers are qualified for Extend Warranty Plans, provided they are installed in a single or two-family residence. Although U.S. Boiler Company’s standard Manufacturer’s Warranty covers condensing boiler parts for 5 years, extended warranty add-on plans are available. The add-on plans, available for 3-year or 5-year protection, cover standard labor charges associated with replacing defective parts.
A 10-year Extended Warranty Plan is also available condensing gas boilers. For the first 5 years, U.S. Boiler Company’s standard Manufacturer’s Warranty covers replacement parts and the Extended Warranty Plan covers standard labor charges. After the first 5 years, the Extended Warranty Plan covers both condensing boiler parts and standard labor charges.
Note: Commercial cast iron and condensing boilers do not qualify for extend warranty plans. Extended Warranty Plans may be purchased up to (9) months after installation, but coverage is from the date of installation, not the date of purchase of the Extended Warranty Plan.
What’s Not Covered by the Extended Warranty Plans
Boiler Extended Warranty Plans cover all boiler components described as standard equipment in the product literature for the length of your plan. However, the following areas are not covered:
- Components supplied by the contractor, which are part of the heating system and not part of the boiler. This includes, but is not limited to, water feeders, thermostats, relays, zone valves, expansion tanks, piping, valves, fittings, external wiring, additional circulators. Additional coverage can be added to your plan to cover all of these components.
- Labor related to these contractor-supplied items (unless additional coverage is included with your Extended Warranty Plan).
- Annual maintenance and cleaning.
The Important Role of Regular Maintenance
Boiler Extended Warranty Plans are an extension to the manufacturer’s warranty. These plans are not a service contract, and do not cover the costs for annual maintenance or boiler cleaning. Your installer may provide additional “service contracts” to cover these very important service functions as a supplement to your Extended Warranty Plan. U.S. Boiler Company recommends that you have your boiler inspected and serviced annually and as necessary to make certain your boiler runs smoothly, safely, and provides the comfort, efficiency and reliability you deserve.
How do I Purchase a Boiler Extended Warranty Plan?
Ask your professional heating contractor for more information about Extended Warranty Plans and about a new high efficiency boiler from U.S. Boiler Company. Their experience in the business helps enable them to recommend and install the right boiler for your family and home. Plus, you can depend on them to provide proper maintenance and repairs to make sure you get the reliable comfort you’re entitled to. Quality heating products from U.S. Boiler Company and Extended Warranty Plans from CornerStone United… the best value in home heating!