What is the best new boiler for your home? Buying a boiler will most likely be one of the most expensive household purchases you’ll make, so we encourage you enlist the help of a professional heating contractor to help you decide.
The type and size of your residential boiler will depend on many factors, including the size of your home, how well insulated it is, and the kind of fuel you use.
If you need an efficient oil boiler, U.S. Boiler’s Burnham MPO-IQ™ has the highest average efficiency in its class. This award-winning 3-pass high efficiency cast iron oil-fired water boiler features a rated efficiency of 87% and can save homeowners up to 49% in energy costs. It’s an optimal replacement boiler if your home has an existing chimney.
In the category of cast iron gas boilers, an ideal choice would be the U.S. Boiler Company ES2™, which achieves an 85% AFUE. The unmatched performance of the ES2™ is an optimal replacement boiler for homes with existing chimneys. The ES2™ is available for natural or LP gas and can be equipped with optional energy saving packages to reduce fuel consumption by up to 15-20% according to most studies.
The residential boilers with the highest efficiency ratings are condensing gas boilers. A condensing boiler consumes less fuel, and makes better use of the heat it generates. In other words, it makes the fuel you’re burning to heat your home go further. Included in U.S. Boiler Company’s extensive selection of heating products are the super-efficient condensing gas boilers, the Alpine™ and K2™ high efficiency condensing gas boilers.
The advantages of these highly efficient residential condensing boilers include:
- Superior efficiency – A recognized symbol of excellent efficiency is the ENERGY STAR® label, and both the Burnham Alpine™ and K2™ boilers are ENERGY STAR® certified. The Alpine™ boiler, at 95% AFUE, is the highest efficiency product we manufacture, and K2™ has a 94-95% AFUE rating.
- Reliable – Both boilers have a stainless steel heat exchanger which enables them to quickly transfer heat while maintaining the lowest possible operating temperature and highest efficiency. The heat exchanger, combustion systems and boiler operation are thoroughly tested before each boiler leaves the factory.
- Natural gas or propane – The Alpine™ and K2™ boilers are extremely flexible and will run on either natural gas or LP gas with a simple adjustment.
- Compact – The Alpine™ boiler comes in both wall-hung and floor-mounted configurations. It’s extremely compact and can easily fit into small spaces. The K2™ features a compact wall-hung design.
- American-made – Every Alpine™ and K2™ condensing boiler is assembled in the U.S. Boiler manufacturing facility in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
- Outstanding warranty –Alpine™ and K2™ residential boilers come with a 5-year parts warranty which covers all boiler components for five years from the date of installation at no additional cost. (Boiler registration has to be done within 90 days of installation.)
- Superior control system– Both the Alpine™ and K2™ boilers feature the exclusive industry-leading Sage2.2 Boiler Control System, which was designed by engineers at U.S. Boiler in collaboration with Honeywell, the leader in home comfort controls. The system uses advanced technologies to constantly monitor boiler performance and safety parameters and has a touch-screen for ease of use. It also senses outside air temperatures and adjusts the boiler’s firing rate as needed.
Boilers keep rooms warm, water hot, and families comfortable. Because they are not all created equal, finding out what boiler will be the best for your home is best accomplished by browsing through the efficient boilers on the U.S. Boiler website and contacting your professional heating contractor for help.